Mme. Marie Curie dedicates Hepburn Hall at St. Lawrence University in 1929. The hall, funded by A. Barton Hepburn and his wife, Emily Eaton Hepburn ‘86, was originally home to the Chemistry Department. It has housed the Government and Economics departments since the late 1960s. The stone, used on many other buildings on the Canton, N.Y. campus, was quarried in nearby Morley.